Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It Might Get Loud


My friend CJ mentioned this documentary a few weeks ago and I forgot all about it until today when my boy Jay Reason posted a link to the trailer on his Facebook page (I may just let him write my blog for me from now on - the dude can and will find anything on the internet).

The documentary takes a look at three generations of guitarists: Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, The Edge of U2 and Jack White of the White Stripes. The film is directed by Davis Guggenheim who was involved in two of my favorite movies ever; 'Traning Day' and 'Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead' (chill, I loved that movie).

The trio talks about how they came up with their distinctive sounds and their approach to playing guitar as well as their history of songwriting before culminating in a jam session with the three of them playing together.

It's slated for an August 14th release and I certainly hope it plays here in Connecticut.

4 comments:

  1. Hey I was told by a friend that it just aired on PBS this weekend or some shit like that, is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like PBS might have had a special on the documentary but I doubt they played the whole film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead" is a classic..you shouldnt have even needed to clarify...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Blog, Larry! Rants and Ridiculousness...I think you found your new calling! kc

    ReplyDelete